Friday, April 3, 2009

Online meeting - Desktop Sharing App

I needed to do desktop sharing with one of my friend, and was looking into several desktop sharing / online meeting apps which are FREE. And I found a very good application that is quite simple and easy to setup, and this is my choice. It called Mikogo (http://www.mikogo.com).

It can by pass firewall and you don't need any static IP and it is very easy to setup a meeting.
You can have online meeting with multiple users. It allows the meeting attendees to switch to become presenter, or even the take control of the presenting computer. Oh, only one computer can be a presenter at a time. Another feature that I like, that you can choose which application that can be shared. So, you can keep all the running apps in background while you are in the meeting and not worrying that the other may peek at your mess desktop :)

The lacking is, it does not have chat, voice or video yet. Even so, I don't see that as a big problem. I just combine it with Gmail Video chat and the problem solved. I am afraid if it has the video chat, the desktop sharing will get slower, since currently I am very happy with the response time.

Take a look if you have time.

6 comments:

Arnulfo said...

Another free option is Microsoft SharedView. Functions are the same and you can use your Windows Live ID to connect. We are using this application when doing desktop sharing with Brazil Team.

http://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=94

Andrew_Mikogo said...

Hi Teguh,
Thanks for using Mikogo and for posting your experience and feedback!
We're working on a new version for Mac users, which will give Mikogo even greater capability when you're sharing your screen with Mac users.

All the best,

Andrew Donnelly
The Mikogo Team
www.mikogo.com

Unknown said...

My first choice is also the SharedView, unless you are using Linux, then other options need to take place. I didn't have to do that yet, so I haven't researched about it, but once I do, I will update you guys (or if anyone already has experience on it, please...).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Thanks there, I am using one app called Banckle Meeting and it also provides 14-days free trial period. I am sure, you would love it. It also offers HD audio/video conferencing try out! http://banckle.com/apps/meeting/overview.html

Sam Wonder said...

ezTalks is the world's leading online video conferencing provider that enables you to connect with people anywhere and anytime. Integrated with HD video conferencing, audio conferencing, screen sharing, content sharing, remote control and other powerful features, it can be widely applied to all industries
online meeting platforms
voice over ip comparisons
making a ppt presentation